Wednesday 2 September 2009

Roy Hodgson

Now I am never one to blow my own trumpet but I wrote the following blog BEFORE Roy Hodgson was touted as the Great Britain manager at the Olympics and was seen as a future England manager.

As ever PMP is on the pulse of the footballing world.

Either that or I just got lucky...

Anyway, when I wrote this I thought Hodgson deserved a bit more credit for what he has achieved and is my choice as a future England boss.

Enjoy.



The title pretty much gives it away, but following the sad death of Bobby Robson I searched around for another British manager who had been so well travelled in Europe and had successfully bridged the gap between old school English tracksuit boss and continental style head coach.

And I found Roy Hodgson


His continental experience is substantial with spells in Sweden, Switzerland, Italy, Finland and the UAE. He is multi-lingual (fairly unique for an Englander!) and has managed to adapt to the style of play in every country he has been in while adding his unique brand of tactical nous to his sides.

Read the rest of this entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment