Thursday 14 June 2012

Podolski Writes off Poland

German forward, Lukas Podolski, has written off Poland’s chances of beating Germany, if the two sides come up against each other in the quarterfinals. The football betting tips from Bet Victor are likely to be equally pessimistic, concerning Poland’s hopes of success.

Podolski, who is set to join Arsenal next season, was born in Gliwice, Poland, and will be cheering on his home nation this weekend, "I will watch the Poland game against Czech Republic [Saturday] and have my fingers crossed for them, but if we play against them in the quarter-finals, they will lose," he said.

The last time that Germany met Poland in a major tournament was at Euro 2008, when Podolski scored both of their goals in a 2-0 win.

If the two sides meet again in this tournament, then you can expect the same ruthless efficiency from Podolski, who is keen to make up for a quiet start to the tournament, by his standards. "I expect a lot from myself and will do more offensively," he said.

Podolski is set to make his 100th appearance for Germany, in their Group B game against Denmark, on Sunday, and he knows that a win or draw will secure qualification from the group stages.

Despite his wealth of international experience Podolski is still only 27-years old, and he feels that he has plenty more to achieve in a German shirt.

“I feel very comfortable in the German team, and I hope it will go on like this," he explained. "I am very proud of myself but the statistics do not mean that much to me. In my career, I have other goals."

Having looked comfortable in their first two games, it is hard to see the Germans being troubled by Denmark and, if Podolski can add to his tally of 43 international goals, their place in the quarterfinals should be assured.

No comments:

Post a Comment