Friday 19 June 2009

The Wembley Experience


It was six years in the making and millions of pounds over budget but the new Wembley still cuts in impressive figure on the London skyline.

Last month it hosted its third FA Cup final between Everton and Chelsea. To mark the occasion, and the fact I actually had a ticket, I thought I would give my opinion on the new Wembley Experience.

One thing that hasn’t changed is the drive down to London from the north. My journey began at 7am to factor in any delays on the motorways (it is England after all) and to add the excitement of the day as we got closer to the capital more and more cars were adorned with flags and scarves in the Blue of Everton. Us Toffees had waited a long tome for this so we were going to make the most of it!

On arrival n London the advantage of the new Wembley is the giant arch that pierces the bright blue sky, making it visible for miles around. I have to admit I was sad to see the twin towers go – I thought they could have factored them into the new ground in some way. But I have to admit the arch is quickly becoming as iconic and makes it instantly recognisable from any other ‘modern’ stadium in the world.

Read the rest of the Wembley Experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment